Stonehaven lady Donna Simpson has raised concern that her one-year-old dog, who suffered an electric shock from a faulty metal drainage channel on Barclay Street, has been terrified of walking in the town centre ever since.
A fault was identified in the power supply to the street lights outside the Co-op on Barclay Street which caused the power to short down a drain pipe leading to a metal drainage channel across the footway.
A local man got in touch with the Leader about it which prompted many dog owners to come forward and say the same thing had happened to their dogs.
Donna says her dog Sam will now only walk along the beach where he feels safe, and despite being given something from the vets to help, he’s now worse than ever when it comes to walking through the town centre.
Ms Simpson said: “It must look like I’m dragging about a poor bad used dog but he’s very much a loved pet and only just a year old!”
The problem was reported by a local resident to the police, Aberdeenshire Council and Hydro Electric and it was soon resolved between Aberdeenshire Council and Scottish Hydro Electric at the beginning of December.