A LOCAL restaurant and tea room with a Royal connection is celebrating 50 years.
The Clatterin' Brig restaurant at the foot of the Cairn o' Mount was opened in May 1958 by the then Diana Bowes-Lyon, later Mrs Diana Somervell, of Fettercairn house, a cousin of Her Majesty the Queen.
The wooden chalet-style building was built by local contractors and employed local staff.
Current owner of the Clatterin' Brig is Jane Taylor and remarkably there have been only four owners of the business in the previous half century.
Mrs Somervell was followed by a Mrs Anderson from Luthermuir, then by local ladies Bella Redpath and Elma Littlejohn.
A lady whose name Jane doesn't know had the business for a brief period, then George Wyness was the owner until his retiral at the beginning of this year.
Jane took over on June 1 and has enjoyed a good summer. She will keep the business open all year round, with winter hours beginning on September 29.
Numerous members of Jane's family have worked at the Clatterin' Brig for various owners over the years.
Jane has started a history wall at the entrance to the premises, with pictures and newspaper cuttings showing the Clatterin Brig's Royal connection.
The old picture shown here, is of members of staff at the Clatterin Brig very soon after the business was opened 50 years ago.
The two girls extreme left and right are unknown. Pictured back are: Mrs Fleming, Arthur Thomson, Betty Donaldson. Middle Annie Ewen, Meg Hicks. Front Mrs Crichton and Ruth Norrie.