Anderson double sees Luthermuir win

Luthermuir 2 Alford 0

Luthermuir were looking to make amends for last week’s draw. From the kick off Luthermuir took control of the game and tried stretching their opponents down the wings.

A free-kick was awarded in 5 minutess and Cruickshank whipped in a great ball that was cleared for a corner. Luthermuir continued to pin their opponents in their own half. In 8 minutes Cruickshank nodded down and Anderson connected well with his shot but it was blocked by a defender.

a great ball down the wing saw Greig beat his marker and deliver a low cross which Anderson put just over the crossbar.

In 31 minutes a great move ended with Young setting up Ellis and his shot went just wide of the post.

In 36 minutes Anderson played a ball in between the defenders where Greig collected it on the run and had a powerful shot which was pushed round the post. Two minutes later, a ball fed into the box by Craig found Greig and he turned well and his shot went straight at the keeper.

Luthermuir created another good chance when Anderson released Cruickshank. He ran to the byeline and cut a low cross back to Anderson but his shot was tipped round the post by the keeper.

The last chance in the half fell to Alford. A cross to the back post was met by an on rushing midfielder and Wands did well to push the ball away.

Luthermuir started the second half well by pinning Alford back into their own half straight from the kick off and they continued to try and find a way to get the first goal.

The breakthrough came in 47 minutes. Greig cut inside on the 18 yard line and fed Anderson. Anderson released Morrison and he cut the ball back for Anderson to finish low into the net through the keeper’s legs.

Two minutes later Anderson was first to react and connected well on the volley from 18 yards but the ball just dipped over the crossbar.

Luthermuir continued to dominate and control the game with Alford having very few breaks into the Muir half.

In 60 minutes a great ball was threaded to Morrison. He reached the byeline and cut the ball into the box for Young who fed the on rushing Anderson and he drilled the ball home.

Luthermuir continued to press for more goals and in 81 minutes another ball over the top from Craig was taken in his stride by Anderson. He passed to Ellis who shot just wide.

Luthermuir made some changes and straight away Milne was halted by a last ditch tackle from a defender.

The final chance came in 87 minutes when Young fed a ball down the middle where to Anderson but his shot was saved.