Cup-tie rout by Fordoun Galaxy

Marykirk were drawn at home in this Piggins Cup first round tie but with their pitch unplayable, asked for the game to be played at Fordoun.

The match was called off the previous week due to a frozen pitch. The wintry conditions have taken their toll and the underfoot conditions were difficult for both sides.

The hosts started strongest and in their early pressure Dean McComiskie, Logan Cruickshank and Nathan Keddie (twice) were all denied the opening goal by the Marykirk ‘keeper.

Marykirk did force a corner which resulted in a shot being blocked by Logan Cruickshank.

Andrew Stirling then beat two players and hit the post before Iain Cuthill burst into the box and was hauled down by the Marykirk ‘keeper. Despite having missed his last penalty for Fordoun, captain, Andrew Stirling stepped up and dispatched from 12 yards. Kevin Hector fired home to make it 2-0 in 30 minutes.

Nathan Keddie was fouled on the edge of the box and with the Marykirk ‘keeper stranded behind his wall Dean McComiskie rolled the free-kick into the bottom corner to make it three.

Kevin Hector added his second, converting an Iain Cuthill cross to make it 4-0 and enough was enough for the Marykirk number one who removed his gloves and walked off the field to be replaced by the first substitute of the day. Nathan Keddie turned provider setting up Iain Cuthill to make it 5-0 in 40 minutes.

A poor goal kick presented Dean McComiskie another chance but his shot was saved, Fordoun were not to be denied for long through and when a cross was only partially cleared Nathan Keddie made no mistake to make it 6-0 on the stroke of half time.

Dean McComiskie converted a Kevin Hector cross 12 seconds into the second half to make it 7-0.

Fordoun continued to press and a through ball from Ross Stirling was converted by Iain Cuthill to make it 8-0 in 52 minutes.

Galaxy were now knocking the ball about as well as could be expected on a lumpy surface creating chances for Ross Stirling and Dean McComiskie which were not converted.

Marykirk had their best chance in the 55th minute when a long ball evaded the Fordoun defence and although goalkeeper Ian Welsh slipped the attacker shot wide. Dean McComiskie completed his second hat-trick in as many games converting an Andrew Stirling cross in 56 minutes, this led to another change of goalkeeper for Marykirk. Craig Thomson then curled an effort past the post and when his next shot was saved Andrew Stirling followed up to make it 10-0. Another Craig Thomson shot was blocked on the line before substitute Ryan Murray blasted home to make it 11-0 in 76 minutes.

Ross Stirling continued the scoring with a thunderous effort in the 80th minute make it 12 for the hosts and when a Nathan Keddie shot was spilled in the 81st minute Kevin Hector followed up to make it 13-0 and complete the second hat-trick of the game.

Craig Thomson finally got the goal his endeavour deserved smashing home via a Marykirk defender in the 88th minute.

That was how it finished and Fordoun Galaxy progress to take on MCT in the next round while Marykirk remain in search of their first win of the season.