Fourdon win League Cup

Fordoun took on Hillside at Fettercairn as they aimed to defend the Howdens League Cup but made the worst possible start as Chris Fyvie was allowed too much space and headed Hiller into a second minute lead.

The lead lasted less than 60 seconds as Fordoun sent a free kick into the box, James Mennie caused problems and Nathan Keddie forced the ball home.

In the fourth minute Fordoun lead for the first time as the ball broke to Dean McComiskie who curled a shot round the keeper and inside the post. Hillside responded and Kane Hester forced a smart save from David Jamieson but in ten minutes Galaxy extended their lead when Derry Simpson did well before feeding Kevin Hector who made it 3-1.

Hillside then had a period of sustained and in the eighteenth minute Chris Fyvie headed a corner over then in the next minute Andrew Taggart brought out a decent save from David Jamieson. In the twenty second minute Kane Hester halved the Fordoun lead when he weaved into the box and scored.

The Galaxy responded and in twenty three minutes Dean McComiskie headed a Nathan Keddie free kick past the post. Hillside were level in the twenty seventh minute when Graham Bell finished a good move to make it 3-3.

Hillside lead for the second time in thirty one minutes when keeper Marc Burnett sent a long ball forward, it was played on to Chris Fyvie who finished well to grab his second goal of the game. Hiller couldn’t hold onto their lead and a terrible ball across the defence was punished by Dean McComiskie to make it 4-4.

The second half was never going to provide as many goals as the first and was a much tighter affair. The first serious effort came in fifty five minutes when David Jamieson made a tremendous save to push a shot over bar. The Galaxy number one was called into action again in seventy minutes when Graham Bell saw his shot saved.

At the other end substitute Michael Deans latched onto a long ball but saw his shot saved. In the seventy ninth minute Fordoun were back in front when Nathan Keddie and Darren Cruickshank worked the ball to Michael Deans and he fired home.

Hillside were pushing for an equaliser and in the ninety second minute keeper Marc Burnett went up for a corner kick only to see his shot blocked, Fordoun broke quickly and Craig Thomson worked the ball to Kevin Hector to seal the victory for Fordoun Galaxy.

FT Hillside 4-6 Fordoun Galaxy

Howden’s man of the match: Hillsides Graham Bell

Results from Sunday November 24

@Bar FC 10-2 Marykirk, Hudsons 10-1 Lochside United, MCT 3-3 Northern Vaults, St Cyrus 5-2 Bervie

Fixtures for Sunday December 1

League - all ko 10:45 @Bar FC v Fordoun Galaxy, Bervie v Golf Inn, Lochside United v Marykirk, MCT v Hillside, Northern Vaults v Fettercairn, St Cyrus v The Old Bolag