Taylor strike hands Hive the points

Darren Taylor provided the match winner for Hive
Darren Taylor provided the match winner for Hive

Stonehaven welcomed Longside to Glenury on Saturday in the PMAC Superleague on Saturday and after three weeks enforced inactivity the Hive were happy just to have a game of football at long last.

It was the visitors, currently adrift at the bottom of the table who took the lead on 8 minutes when a ball over saw a lack of communication between defence and goalkeeper and Butcher headed over Knowles and into the net.

The Hive had a chance on 12 minutes when the ball was played wide to Workman who crossed for Wilson but his header to back post wasn’t turned in and went out for a goal kick.

It wasn’t until the half hour that the next chance came and Lewis Shand came close from the edge of the area after a Taylor cross.

On 35 minute a ball played through resulted in a defensive mix up between Mathieson and Knowles saw the ball fortuitously end up going out for a goal kick.

The equaliser came on 40 minutes when a long Pyper throw in missed by James but headed in by LEWIS SHAND.

In the last action of the half a ball knocked on down the line from a throw resulted in a shot which flew just wide of the Stonehaven goal.

Half Time - Stonehaven 1 v 1 Longside

The visitors created the first chance of the second period just second after the restart but Martin Shand stepped in to clean the danger in the Hive penalty area.

Just two minutes later the hosts were in front when Pyper sent in a superb cross which found the head of LEWIS SHAND who found the top right corner of the net.

Just after the hour mark Workman did well to get into the box but his shot went wide of the post.

A few minutes later good work saw the ball played out to substitute Armstong who laid to Sulkevicius before returning the ball to Armstrong only for his tame shot to be easily held.

With just under five minutes left a ball into the box fell to Armstrong but his shot was pushed brilliantly onto the far post and the defence cleared.

The lead was increased two minutes later however when a ball through the Longside defence fell to DARREN TAYLOR who brilliantly lobbed the keeper.

The scoring wasn’t quite finished and on 89 minutes the ball was played through to Burr who slipped a low shot under Knowles.

Full Time - Stonehaven 3 v 2 Longside

Stonehaven: Knowles, Pyper, Mathieson, Low, McCall, Martin Shand, Sulkevicius, Lewis Shand, Taylor (Moorhouse), Wilson (Armstrong), Workman(Berton)

Subs not used: Goate, Robertson