Hard fought victory for Athletic

Wednesday 10th April 2013

In the first of their midweek games this year Johnshaven got revenge for their 2-0 defeat against West End last Saturday with a deserved 3 points tonight.

West End took the lead in the eighth minute when they converted a Penalty following a rash tackle from a Johnshaven defender. Score 0-1.

In the 13th minute from along midfield clearance the ball found Paton who went on a solo run before squaring across the park to Scott Beedie who ran onto the ball and scored the equalise from close range Score 1-1.

25 minutes into the game and Jack Dalgarno was replaced by Jason Leven following an injury.

On the half hour mark the ball was played out to Rausch who went up the park and crossed the ball into the 18yd box to Scott Beedie who headed home his second goal to put Johnshaven in the lead for the first time in the game.

Not long after this a West End indirect free kick into the 18yd box was saved by the outstretched leg of Keeper Reid. The rebound shot then rattled off the Johnshaven bar.

Just on the half time whistle West End had another shot on goal which keeper Reid was happy to see go over the bar.

Half Time Score 2-1

West End’s first attack of this half came from a free kick which was well saved by Reid.

In the 65th minute the fresh legs of Stuart Beedie replaced Stephen Stephen

With 15 minutes to go Conal MacLaren replaced Jordan Rausch.

Just after this a half volley from Smith from just outside the 18yd box has held by the West End keeper then Johnshaven had another chance to increase their lead but a shot from Leven flew over the bar.

Both defences held out well to prevent either side from scoring any further goals.

Final Score 2-1

Man of the Match ~ Lee Paton

Team: Jamie Reid, Jack Dalgarno (Jason Leven), Lawrence Slavin, Steven Scott, Robert Tringham, Jordan Rausch (Conal MacLaren), Stephen Stephen (Stuart Beedie), Ross Blease, Scott Beedie, Lee Paton & Steven Smith

Subs: Mark Findlay & David Stephen