Luthermuir held in league

Luthermuir knew this would be a hard game after mixed results last season against this opposition.

Straight from the kick off Luthermuir won a corner and as Greig pulled back his foot to shoot from 20 yards, the ball was cleared for another corner. The next corner was met powerfully by Duff but his header went wide of the goal.

A great ball released Ellis and his cutback was saved by the keeper. Luthermuir created another chance on 31 minutes when Anderson laid the ball to Ellis and his fierce shot was blocked.

Newmachar scored in 36 minutes when a cross was put deep to the back post and an unmarked player sidefooted home.

the scored kicked Milne in the build-up and when he fell he broke his collar bone and will be out for 6-8 weeks. This fired up Luthermuir and on 43 minutes a ball down the wing by R Darar was controlled by Bremner. He crossed and Slesser missed a golden chance from 6 yards.

Luthermuir started the second half brightly and continued to put pressure on the Newmachar defence. Greig got in behind the defence and as he was about to shoot a defender got back and cleared.

In 54 minutess a ball over the top by Morrison released Anderson and as he cut into the box he squared the ball across goal for Bremner to finish low into the net for 1-1.

Two minutes later a corner by Slesser was cleared by a defender and as it dropped outside the box Greig controlled and shot just wide.

Another great cross a few minutes later by Morrison was just missed by Ellis. Luthermuir were now turning up the heat on their opponents and in 63 mins a ball down the middle released Greig but his shot just went wide again.

A few minutes later a great cross by Morrison to the back post saw Slesser rise above his marker to power a header just over the bar.

In 82 minutes when Ryan Darar was caught in posession and as the striker played the ball through the back line a Newmachar player raced clear rounded Wands and slotted home.

Luthermuir could not believe they were going to lose this match and piled forward. Greig crossed low, Bremner nipped in front of his defender to control the ball and was taken out by a late tackle. Anderson stepped up and slotted home from the spot as the keeper went the wrong way.

Luthermuir pushed forward and pinned Newmachar into their own half for the final few minutes. Chances fell to various players but they could not convert for the winner.

As time ran out a Newmachar player talked his way into the book for his second yellow and was sent off. A last gasp corner was whipped in by Slesser and as Duff met it well it was tipped round the post and the final chance was gone.

Man of the Match was Stevie Greig.