Luthermuir pegged back in cup

Luthermuir travelled to Lochside Park in the third round of the Association Trophy, looking to see how far they were coming along against a Woodside team sitting top of the Premier League.

conditions were not great and the game was one of only three given the green light in the whole area.

in 11 minutes a free kick was awarded to the Muir and Ellis floated a ball into the box and Slesser headed wide. Greig broke down the wing and as he skipped away from the defender he cut the ball back from the byeline to the on rushing Morrison whose shot was blocked.

A few minutes later Greig nipped the ball away from a Woodside midfielder and skipped past two challenges to rifle a shot from 20 yards that was saved by the keeper.

In 16 minutes a ball back to the Woodside keeper was charged down by Slesser and as it fell to Anderson 25 yards out he volleyed it low into the empty net.

In 28 minutes Slesser gained a free kick after being fouled 20 yards out and Ellis lifted the ball over the wall and in off the crossbar with the goalkeeper rooted to the spot.

It took until 38 minutes before Woodside had their first decent chance, a free-kick on the edge of the box was driven hard at the goal but caught well by Wands.

As Woodside pushed forward they were awarded another free kick after Robertson took down his man on the edge of the 18 yard box. The free kick was just put over the cross bar for the last chance of the half.

The conditions had not improved for the second half and it seemed more like dancing on ice rather than a football game at times with both sets of players struggling to stay on their feet.

In 49 minutes a ball down the wing by Greig released Cruickshank and his low cross was laid back by Anderson to Ellis and his shot just went inches wide of the top corner.

Both sets of players knew the next goal would be crucial and Woodside decided to make three quick substitutions to try and get back in the game.

In 53 minutes a corner to Woodside was whipped over, headed by the striker and headed off the line by Robertson.

Woodside were starting to force the Muir back into their own half and in 61 minutes a ball down the wing released their striker, clearly three yards offside and his low cross into the box was eventually scrambled home for 1-2.

In 67 minutes a similar ball down the wing released the striker and as he went to cross he cut back inside and flighted a cross over Wands and into the top corner for 2-2.

Luthermuir seemed shell shocked and struggled to get back into the game with Woodside continuing to pile more pressure on the back line.

After numerous chances were missed Woodside went into the lead in 73 minutes when a corner whipped in was headed down by the unmarked Woodside attacker.

The Muir tried to get back into the game and started to get their passing going with Greig and Ellis both going close to grabbing the equaliser.

In 81 minutes a cross gave Darar space and he headed down the right hand side and fired in a low shot from 25 yards that was parried for a corner. The corner was whipped in by Cruickshank but cleared at the back post.

Woodside broke forward in numbers and the striker was set clear of the back line with Wands racing out to clear. Both players went into the tackle with the Woodside attacker two footed on the keeper.

Everyone looked at the referee for a decision with the goal keeper in agony on the floor, but nothing more than a free kick was given.

After five minutes of delay the keeper was stretchered off and Morrison went in goal for the final few minutes of the game with Reid going on to replace Wands.

As Luthermuir pushed forward for the equaliser they were caught on the break in injury time when a Woodside attacker went racing down the wing and as he nipped the ball round the on rushing Morrison he coolly slotted it home to end the tie 4-2.

Man of the Match was Jim Ellis.